Join our green conference! We have paid special attention to make the conference green:
- public transportation is free of charge for conference participants
- most events take place in locations that are easily accessible by trams
- if you need to call a taxi, we suggest the electrical taxi companies: +372 588 588 00 or 1917. To be more environmentally friendly, we encourage you to share the ride with fellow delegates, if possible.
- you can walk to nearby areas to have lunch or take the tram to the city centre
- single use plastic is avoided
- drinking at coffee breaks is organised with mug-exchange and the sale and exchange of mugs made by Support Center Juks for intellectually disabled people. You are welcome to bring your own mug and exchange it with fellow participants.
- you can drink tap water
- the conference will not have custom-made bags, pens or folders
- there is a special conference app instead of printed materials
- several hotels where accommodation is provided has a Green Key ecolabel
Read more about green conferences in Estonia here! The link to an article by the Estonian Convention Bureau opens in a new window.
You can calculate your ecological footprint here:
http://jalajalg.positium.ee/ (EST, RUS, FIN, LAT)
In order to decrease your ecological footprint, you are welcome to make a voluntary donation in the registration form to support planting trees. We will plant the Conference Forest with trees bought for the donations of the conference participants on Earth Day on April 22, 2020.
Sample of JUKS mugs: